Chia seed were first used as food as early as 3500 BC and were one of the main dietary components of the Aztecs and the Mayans.
Chia seed are THE BEST source of Omega-3 & Omega-6 essential fatty acids. These seeds are perfect for diabetics & people watching or trying to lose weight. Chia Seeds are also very beneficial to the heart and extremely high in fibre, calcium, complete protein, slowly processed carbohydrates and loaded with vitamins & minerals and antioxidants!
Our Chia is Kosher and Parve for all year around including passover.
Our Chia crops are completely Genetically Modified Organism-free; the seeds have been grown naturally, following a thorough and lengthy selection process that developed for many years and will continue in the future.
A gluten-free diet is recommended amongst other things in the treatment of coeliac disease and wheat allergy. It is a diet completely free of ingredients derived from gluten-containing cereals: wheat (including kamut and spelt), barley, rye, oats and triticale, as well as the use of gluten as a food additive in the form of a flavoring, stabilizing or thickening agent. Although some people for whom a gluten-free diet is recommended can tolerate oat products and some medical practitioners say they may be permitted, there is controversy about including them in a gluten-free diet because studies on the subject are incomplete.
Our Chia Field are granted Pesticides Free, the plagues and pest control is ensured by manual labor. In addition to this the plant has natural defenses against insects; the essential oil content in Salvia Hispánica L. acts as a natural insect and plague repellent, thereby eliminating the need for chemical pesticides.
Chia seed benefits:
- Chia Seeds Deliver a Massive Amount of Nutrients With Very Few Calories
- Chia Seeds Are Loaded With Antioxidants
- Almost All The Carbs in Them Are Fiber
- Chia Seeds Are High in Quality Protein
- Due to The High Fiber and Protein Content, Chia Seeds Should be Able to Help You Lose Weight
- Chia Seeds Are High in Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Chia Seeds May Improve Certain Blood Markers, Which Should Lower The Risk of Heart Disease and Type 2 Diabetes
- They Are High in Many Important Bone Nutrients
- Chia Seeds Can Cause Major Improvements in Type 2 Diabetics
- Chia Seeds Can Improve Exercise Performance as Much as a Sports Drink
- Chia Seeds Are Easy to Incorporate Into Your Diet
A 28 gram serving of chia seeds contains:
- Fiber: 11 grams
- Protein: 4 grams
- Fat: 9 grams (5 of which are Omega-3s)
- Calcium: 18% of the RDA
- Manganese: 30% of the RDA
- Magnesium: 30% of the RDA
- Phosphorus: 27% of the RDA
- They also contain a decent amount of Zinc, Vitamin B3 (Niacin), Potassium, Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) and Vitamin B2
- This is particularly impressive when you consider that this is just a single ounce, which supplies only 137 calories and one gram of digestible carbohydrate!
Consume 1 scoop or 2 tablespoons per day. Mixes well with any food.
Dry or Moist Application.